MediaCom picks up Arriva media business
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 19 October 2012 11:57AM
MediaCom has been awarded the media account for Arriva buses as part of a competitive pitch that knocked incumbent PHD off the business.
The brief will include media planning and buying both online and offline, as well as online search campaigns to promote Arriva's services across all regions. MediaCom will start work on the business next year.
Cora Robinson, head of marketing for Arriva UK Bus, said; "MediaCom delivered a very good tender that demonstrated an excellent understanding of our business and industry.
"2013 will see the launch of a new marketing strategy with ambitious plans for the future, so the appointment of such a strong, established media agency will help support the effective delivery of these plans. We are looking forward to working closely with MediaCom over the next three years."
Paul Bramwell, managing director of MediaCom’s Birmingham office, where the account will be based, said: "Arriva UK Bus is an exciting brand with a strong national relevance and valuable proposition, so we are delighted to be working with them to develop a wide-reaching and effective media program that will ultimately encourage more customers to choose the bus."Follow @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media