School Reports 2012: Agency Republic
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 April 2012 12:00AM
After a lacklustre 2010, Agency Republic started to reverse its fortunes in 2011, nearly filling the massive void left after it lost the O2 digital account.
|Agency fact file: Agency Republic|
|Type of agency||Digital marketing agency|
|Key personnel||Matt Kwiecinski managing director|
|Alistair Campbell executive creative director|
|Alistair Millen strategy director|
|Declared income||£6.3m (2010)|
|Total accounts at year end||13|
|Accounts won||7 (biggest: Vodafone Pay As You Go)|
|Accounts lost||1 (Smirnoff)|
|Number of staff||54 (-10%)|
The agency began 2011 on a high after nabbing WCRS's digital creative director, Alistair Campbell, and going on to win Nivea's digital business.
With a new solid management team in place under the direction of the managing director, Matt Kwiecinski, and the strategy director, Alistair Millen, Agency Republic continued the year on a winning streak, adding six more new accounts under its belt from clients such as Cancer Research UK and Shape.
However, the agency's real high came in May after it landed the Vodafone digital business without a pitch, leading the digital strategy and creative for Vodafone Pay As You Go. While not quite as big as the agency's previous O2 account, the Vodafone business is now one of its largest clients.
Agency Republic's new executive creative director also proved to be worth his salt after driving renewed creativity at the agency, creating Activia's most successful CRM programme. Campbell was also behind an innovative new product launch for Nivea, which included an online product scanner that uses a webcam to scan Nivea products in order to win exclusive prizes.
However, while Agency Republic performed substantially better than in 2010, it wasn't all plain sailing. The agency lost its Smirnoff account and 10 per cent of its staff.
The agency's co-founder Jane McNeill, who moved to the new role of chief operating officer in 2010, also announced her departure. Whether it will give the new management team a further boost or strip some DNA from the agency remains to be seen. Either way, Agency Republic now has a platform to show how it fits into Omnicom's portfolio of brands.
Score last year: 3
How Agency Republic rates itself: 7
"2011 was a year of change and evolution at Agency Republic. We put in place a new leadership team that drove the agency forward. As a result, we had a fantastic year on the new-business front. Wins included Vodafone, Nivea, Cancer Research UK and Jack Daniel's - clients that hired Agency Republic because they demand specialist digital leadership."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot