School Reports 2012: Euro RSCG London
With Euro RSCG London entering 2011 with a stable management team - something of a rare luxury considering its recent past - the agency spent the year focused on making creative progress and exploring new-business ventures.
|Agency fact file: Euro RSCG London
|Type of agency||Integrated|
|Key personnel||Russ Lidstone chief executive|
|Mick Mahoney executive creative director|
|Rebecca Moody head of planning|
|Anthony Edwards communications planning director|
|Jo Grierson director, consumer PR|
|Nielsen billings 2011||£182m|
|Nielsen billings 2010||£200m|
|Declared income||£25.5m (2010)|
|Total accounts at year end||28|
|Accounts won||3 (biggest: Santander)|
|Accounts lost||1 (Dulux)|
|Number of staff||220 (+16%)|
In January, the agency hired Albion's Andre Moreira as creative director and head of art, while Ogilvy & Mather's creative partner, Alasdair Graham, was recruited as the global executive creative director on Reckitt Benckiser.
The creative work has improved as a result of the changes, with a series of online films for Chivas Regal particularly impressing, but there's a sense that we haven't yet truly seen the best of what it has to offer.
Last year also saw Euro RSCG launch two new specialist divisions. The first unit, the Cupola Lab, was launched in February and aimed to provide clients with dedicated social media expertise. A specialist search division was launched in June, with Euro RSCG 4D Matrix's Piyush Pankaj brought in to run the offering.
The Cupola Lab, in particular, has already helped Euro RSCG grow its relationship with existing clients, with VO5, Chivas and Lemsip handing the agency their social media accounts.
However, on the whole, it was a fairly average year for Euro RSCG on the new-business front. The agency secured a significant chunk of the Santander account and also picked up the advertising for Pernod Ricard's portfolio of vodka brands, but it lost a large portion of its EDF Energy business to BBDO and saw its Dulux business move to Bartle Bogle Hegarty. It entered 2012 fighting for its £17 million Comet account.
While the agency will be pleased with its progress in broadening its integrated offering, it will be looking to make more waves on the new-business front in 2012.
Score last year: 6
How Euro RSCG London rates itself: 7
"2011 was a strong year for us creatively and commercially. Strengthening our uniquely integrated offer with Cupola Lab social, search, successful integration of PR complementing digital, channel and content. Winning a TED (and 30-plus digital, social and creative awards) followed by integrated wins for Pernod Ricard vodkas and Santander continued our momentum. New integrated campaigns launched for Chivas, VO5 and Reckitt Benckiser show our unique 'one P&L' model is working."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR DESIGNER - AWARD WINNING AGENCY! Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review