School Reports 2012: Euro RSCG London
With Euro RSCG London entering 2011 with a stable management team - something of a rare luxury considering its recent past - the agency spent the year focused on making creative progress and exploring new-business ventures.
|Agency fact file: Euro RSCG London
|Type of agency||Integrated|
|Key personnel||Russ Lidstone chief executive|
|Mick Mahoney executive creative director|
|Rebecca Moody head of planning|
|Anthony Edwards communications planning director|
|Jo Grierson director, consumer PR|
|Nielsen billings 2011||£182m|
|Nielsen billings 2010||£200m|
|Declared income||£25.5m (2010)|
|Total accounts at year end||28|
|Accounts won||3 (biggest: Santander)|
|Accounts lost||1 (Dulux)|
|Number of staff||220 (+16%)|
In January, the agency hired Albion's Andre Moreira as creative director and head of art, while Ogilvy & Mather's creative partner, Alasdair Graham, was recruited as the global executive creative director on Reckitt Benckiser.
The creative work has improved as a result of the changes, with a series of online films for Chivas Regal particularly impressing, but there's a sense that we haven't yet truly seen the best of what it has to offer.
Last year also saw Euro RSCG launch two new specialist divisions. The first unit, the Cupola Lab, was launched in February and aimed to provide clients with dedicated social media expertise. A specialist search division was launched in June, with Euro RSCG 4D Matrix's Piyush Pankaj brought in to run the offering.
The Cupola Lab, in particular, has already helped Euro RSCG grow its relationship with existing clients, with VO5, Chivas and Lemsip handing the agency their social media accounts.
However, on the whole, it was a fairly average year for Euro RSCG on the new-business front. The agency secured a significant chunk of the Santander account and also picked up the advertising for Pernod Ricard's portfolio of vodka brands, but it lost a large portion of its EDF Energy business to BBDO and saw its Dulux business move to Bartle Bogle Hegarty. It entered 2012 fighting for its £17 million Comet account.
While the agency will be pleased with its progress in broadening its integrated offering, it will be looking to make more waves on the new-business front in 2012.
Score last year: 6
How Euro RSCG London rates itself: 7
"2011 was a strong year for us creatively and commercially. Strengthening our uniquely integrated offer with Cupola Lab social, search, successful integration of PR complementing digital, channel and content. Winning a TED (and 30-plus digital, social and creative awards) followed by integrated wins for Pernod Ricard vodkas and Santander continued our momentum. New integrated campaigns launched for Chivas, VO5 and Reckitt Benckiser show our unique 'one P&L' model is working."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Digital / Fabulous Agency - £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £30k, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager [Surrey] - to £36k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £36k, SW London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Category Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents