School Reports 2012: TMW
TMW is not a particularly sexy agency, but its new-business record speaks for itself.
|Agency fact file: TMW|
|Type of agency||Creative communications|
|Key personnel||Paul Tullo creative partner|
|Richard Marshall managing partner|
|Chris Freeland managing director|
|Chris Pearce chief client officer|
|Kate Wheaton director of strategy|
|Nielsen billings 2011||£13m|
|Nielsen billings 2010||£24m|
|Total accounts at year end||20|
|Accounts won||7 (biggest: Brother International Europe)|
|Accounts lost||1 (East Coast)|
|Number of staff||260 (-1%|
The Creston-owned shop picked up seven new pieces of business across direct marketing and digital in 2011, including Sue Ryder, Caesars Casino Online, Red Stripe and City Index.
TMW was also added to the Open University roster along with 20:20 and landed its biggest account of the year, Brother International Europe's digital advertising, after a three-way shoot-out against Profero and Golley Slater.
One of TMW's strengths has been the consistency of its management team, spearheaded by the founding partners Paul Tullo, Richard Marshall and Chris Warren. However, last year saw Warren step down to pursue other opportunities.
In terms of arrivals, TMW appointed Kate Wheaton from EHS 4D to the newly created role of director of strategy. She was brought in to oversee the transition of the agency's new strategic offer of account planning, data planning and data analytics into a newly formed marketing effectiveness function.
Work at TMW has also been an improvement on previous years, with a highlight being an exciting social media campaign for Lynx that featured an interactive video starring Kelly Brook and went on to win an IPA Effectiveness Award. The agency also picked up six DMA Awards, including two golds.
TMW ended 2011 boasting a healthy client list and good creative work. Not a bad position to be in given the current climate.
Score last year: 7
How TMW rates itself: 8
"An excellent year with seven new accounts won, including TV for Caesars Online, shopper marketing for Diageo/Coca-Cola Schweppes and brand proposition development, also including TV, for Sue Ryder. An excellent awards performance including an IPA Effectiveness Award for Lynx in social media and six DMAs including two golds. The agency's Intelligent Influence positioning, launched in 2010, also paid dividends, contributing to some outstanding creative and a unique approach to continue to build on."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad