My YouTube ad of the week: Amy Kean, MPG Media Contacts
Campaign YouTube, Friday, 24 February 2012 04:56PM
Amy Kean reviews T-Mobile
Amy Kean, head of consumer innovation, MPG Media Contacts
Why I like this
2012 is the Year of Britain. Approximately one in four briefs that enter through an agency's doors is likely to have some sort of reference to either maximising the spirit of the Olympics or tapping into British pride.
Walking down Oxford Street yesterday, I noticed that the majority of shop window displays are now overwhelmingly "British", and Geri Halliwell's new Union Jack-inspired clothing range for Next is just the icing on the cake. Creating something that resonates with us sceptical UK consumers and enhances this 12 months of overt Britishness can be tough.
T-Mobile has managed it, though, with its cheeky celebration of everything this country holds dear. It appears to have captured (once again) the spirit and humour of the public. And, this time, the actual product is brought to the fore - something that hasn't been quite so strong in its previous ads.
Wish I had thought of
It may be the Year of Britain, but let's not take ourselves too seriously. T-Mobile's talent for taking the piss always seems to be spot on, and I wish more brands were up for following suit!
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Senior Planner PFJ £26000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic & Product Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP22000 - GBP25000 per annum, Birmingham
- Consumer Insight Manager - Berkshire Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director: Birmingham based Creative Agency - digital, brochure literature & CRM Firehorse c.£55k, Birmingham
- Research Manager -Public sector Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London