In association with
Gatorade 'michael jordan' by TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles
Campaign Work, Wednesday, 29 July 2009 09:00AM
TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles has created a new TV spot to promote a limited edition set of Gatorade bottles in honour of basketballing legend Michael Jordan.
Video 1: jordan performance art
Video 2: behind the scenes
The ad, along with behind-the-scenes footage, shows a group of people constructing a physical representation of an image of NBA star, Michael Jordan, in action.
Over 14,000 Gatorade bottles were placed in a carefully-engineered sequence into holes of numerous light boxes.
The work was completed in 16 hours in a Chicago playground to the beat of makeshift drums made from Gatorade bottles.
Gatorade-specific colours were the only palette used to make up the piece.
Michael Jordan provides the voice over at the end of the ad urging people to collect all six in the limited edition Jordan series.
The bottles come in three colours, red, blue and gold, all in keeping with the Gatorade colour scheme.
The strapline reads: "That's G".
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Gatorade 'Allyson's fit day' by TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles
- Gatorade 'float' by TBWA\Chiat\Day, Los Angeles
- Gatorade 'pump up the G' by TBWA\Chiat\Day, Los Angeles
- Gatorade 'we love sweat' by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
- Gatorade Tiger 'woods of wisdom' by TBWA\Chiat\Day, Los Angeles
- Gatorade 'G moments' by TBWA\Chiat\Day, Los Angeles
- Gatorade 'footballers' by BBDO Argentina
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web