MWO beats three to scoop £24m Dreams advertising
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 10:50AM
Dreams, the bedroom furniture retailer, has appointed MWO to handle its £24 million advertising account.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against BJL, The Leith Agency and Now. A review of the advertising account began in June and was conducted by The Observatory.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R was the incumbent after picking up the business in February last year following a pitch against Publicis London.
RKCR/Y&R took the brand's advertising in a new direction and was behind the "good morning" campaign last year, which featured a new version of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds.
The campaign was an attempt to introduce a branding element to its advertising activity, which had previously been offers-based.
RKCR/Y&R was also behind an earlier ad for Dreams that saw people switch off their lights to go to sleep, accompanied by the jazz singer Stacey Kent performing Hushabye Mountain.
The work moved away from activity created by the previous incumbent, Robson Brown, which focused on price-led advertising campaigns and sponsorship deals surrounding TV programmes including 60 Minute Makeover, Heartbeat and Celebrity Big Brother.
Dreams is the UK's second-largest bed retailer and manufacturer. It has 200 stores.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot