MWO beats three to scoop £24m Dreams advertising
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 10:50AM
Dreams, the bedroom furniture retailer, has appointed MWO to handle its £24 million advertising account.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against BJL, The Leith Agency and Now. A review of the advertising account began in June and was conducted by The Observatory.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R was the incumbent after picking up the business in February last year following a pitch against Publicis London.
RKCR/Y&R took the brand's advertising in a new direction and was behind the "good morning" campaign last year, which featured a new version of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds.
The campaign was an attempt to introduce a branding element to its advertising activity, which had previously been offers-based.
RKCR/Y&R was also behind an earlier ad for Dreams that saw people switch off their lights to go to sleep, accompanied by the jazz singer Stacey Kent performing Hushabye Mountain.
The work moved away from activity created by the previous incumbent, Robson Brown, which focused on price-led advertising campaigns and sponsorship deals surrounding TV programmes including 60 Minute Makeover, Heartbeat and Celebrity Big Brother.
Dreams is the UK's second-largest bed retailer and manufacturer. It has 200 stores.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager become £32-34K, Central Manchester
- PPC Specialist Homeaway Uk Ltd Attractive package, Victoria Station
- Senior Account Executives become £23-24K, Merseyside
- Digital Marketing Manager - Onsite Conversion Up to 12 month FTC (Maternity cover) Which? c. £45,000 - £55,000, Greater London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency