Sky runs Ginger Pig stunt ad to showcase Sky+
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 October 2012 08:30AM
BSkyB last night ran a stunt ad appearing to rewind and replay other commercials on ITV and Channel 4, to showcase the capabilities of its Sky+ offering.
Viewers saw a Ginger Pig sausages ad followed by the start of a Churchill insurance ad during 'The X Factor' on ITV and 'Homeland' on Channel 4.
The action was then rewound to the sausages ad, which was replayed several times, before the creative cut to a dog in an armchair, watching the TV and using the remote control to pause on the sizzling sausages.
It cuts to the strapline ‘Pause, rewind and play the TV you love with Sky+’. The creative was handled by WCRS and media planning and buying by MediaCom.
Sky this week rolled out its new ad campaign for Sky+, which features celebrities including Jonathan Ross, Lily Allen and Sir Chris Hoy talking about how they use it. As the campaign continues, it will promote the new features of the on-demand player, including Catch Up TV and the new Sky+ app for iPad functionality.
The satellite platform's efforts come as it faces competition from the launch of internet-connected television service YouView, which is supported by a £10m advertising campaign and backed by ISPs TalkTalk and BT.
Luke Bradley-Jones, brand director for TV products at Sky, said: "Since launch, Sky+ has led the revolution in how we watch TV and let more than nine million households take control of their viewing.
"We’re pushing forward again by offering customers even more flexibility, more personal storage and entirely new ways of engaging with their favourite TV."
He added that with customers using Sky+ a total of more than a billion times each month, it is "the gold standard in pay-TV".
Creative directors for the campaign were Simon Robinson, Tim Robertson and Leon Jaume. The production company was Texture Films and it was directed by Max Fisher.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- International Accounts Director - exciting media owner Ultimate Asset £90000 - £110000 per annum + 40% bonus, West End
- Mid-weight Project Manager - Global Integrated Agency, up to £40K Story Recruitment up to 40K + great benefits and career progression, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + car or c/a, South East England
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure