Grey buys majority stake in German digital media agency
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 October 2012 09:04AM
Grey, the WPP-owned advertising agency, has acquired a majority stake in German digital media agency k102.
The company, which is based in Dusseldorf, was founded in 2006 by Lars Moltrecht and Jane Guntner and has worked alongside Grey since January 2010.
Key clients include Deichmann, Transparo, MBT, Gard and Toshiba.
According to WPP, k102's unaudited revenues for the year ended 31 December 2011 were approximately €1.3m with gross assets as at the same date of approximately €1.2m.
WPP said the investment will continue its strategy of "developing its services in fast-growing and important markets and sectors and strengthening its digital capabilities."
WPP's digital revenues totalled US$4.8bn in 2011, representing approximately 30% of the group’s total revenues of over US$16bn.
WPP has set a target of 35%-40% of revenue to be derived from digital in the next five years.
Collectively, WPP companies in Germany employ around 7,000 people (including associates) with revenues of approximately US$1.3bn.
On this basis, Germany is WPP's fourth largest market after the US, UK and China.
The news follows WPP's recent $540m acquisition of digital agency AKQA in June this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Senior Planner (DM Agency) Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch