RKCR/Y&R seeks replacement for departing Toby Talbot
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 December 2012 10:05AM
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is on the lookout for a new executive creative director to replace Toby Talbot, who is leaving after just a year in the role.
Talbot is leaving the agency for "personal reasons" because his family wish to return to New Zealand, where they spent 15 years prior to Talbot taking the London-based RKCR/Y&R role.
RKCR/Y&R aims to hire externally to replace Talbot when he leaves for New Zealand at the end of February.
The agency brought in Talbot last December to replace Damon Collins, who left the agency alongside chief executive Richard Exon, to launch Joint.
Ben Kay, who replaced Exon as chief executive, said: "We’ve loved having Toby at the agency, albeit for a short time. He’s been a great cultural and creative influence on the agency, has brought in some great new talent, and has done some superb work across a range of clients.
"Toby leaves the agency in great shape, with RKCR/Y&R having won seven of its last nine pitches, most recently the Vodafone Digital account."
Talbot is in discussions with agencies about new opportunities in New Zealand.
He began his career in the UK, working at agencies including Chetwynd Haddons, Laing Henry and McCann Erickson.
He moved to New Zealand 16 years ago to join Colenso BBDO, where he worked his way up to executive creative director, before leaving to head the creative department at Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand.
Talbot spent two years at Saatchis, but left in 2007 to join DDB New Zealand in the ECD role.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'