Gocompare hires Stephen Hawking to save nation from Gio Compario
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 January 2013 11:28AM
Gocompare.com is bringing out an ad that shows theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking creating a black hole to save the nation from annoying tenor Gio Compario.
The latest execution in the ‘Saving The Nation’ campaign kicks off with the former Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University giving a lecture on how he has "finally calculated and formulised the exact conditions needed to generate a super massive black hole".
After an audience member asks what Hawking will do with his discovery, the ad cuts to Gio Compario being sucked into a black hole.
Dare created the ad and media planning and buying has been handled by Carat.
Hawking said: "I confess I am a fan of the Gocompare.com adverts, but I am also an opera fan, so I was delighted to be given the opportunity to help save the nation and silence Gio. I hope the public find it as funny as I did."
The execution is drawing attention to the comparison website’s claim that it can save people up to £299 on their car insurance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham