Gocompare hires Stephen Hawking to save nation from Gio Compario
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 January 2013 11:28AM
Gocompare.com is bringing out an ad that shows theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking creating a black hole to save the nation from annoying tenor Gio Compario.
The latest execution in the ‘Saving The Nation’ campaign kicks off with the former Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University giving a lecture on how he has "finally calculated and formulised the exact conditions needed to generate a super massive black hole".
After an audience member asks what Hawking will do with his discovery, the ad cuts to Gio Compario being sucked into a black hole.
Dare created the ad and media planning and buying has been handled by Carat.
Hawking said: "I confess I am a fan of the Gocompare.com adverts, but I am also an opera fan, so I was delighted to be given the opportunity to help save the nation and silence Gio. I hope the public find it as funny as I did."
The execution is drawing attention to the comparison website’s claim that it can save people up to £299 on their car insurance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Lead Digital Designer become £38 - 46K, London (South), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Search Manager (PPC) Dot-Gap £40k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role