Gocompare hires Stephen Hawking to save nation from Gio Compario
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 January 2013 11:28AM
Gocompare.com is bringing out an ad that shows theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking creating a black hole to save the nation from annoying tenor Gio Compario.
The latest execution in the ‘Saving The Nation’ campaign kicks off with the former Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University giving a lecture on how he has "finally calculated and formulised the exact conditions needed to generate a super massive black hole".
After an audience member asks what Hawking will do with his discovery, the ad cuts to Gio Compario being sucked into a black hole.
Dare created the ad and media planning and buying has been handled by Carat.
Hawking said: "I confess I am a fan of the Gocompare.com adverts, but I am also an opera fan, so I was delighted to be given the opportunity to help save the nation and silence Gio. I hope the public find it as funny as I did."
The execution is drawing attention to the comparison website’s claim that it can save people up to £299 on their car insurance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Brand Guardian Network Career Consultants £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Network Career Consultants £50000 - £58000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Research Assistant Ninesharp £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Should brands be held to their straplines?
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool