Comparethemarket updates Robert Webb campaign
Comparethemarket.com is launching the next phase of its new ad campaign staring comedian Robert Webb.
A 60-second TV spot, created by VCCP, will air today and feature Webb playing the fictional character of Comparethemarket.com chief executive, Maurice Wigglethorpe Throom.
The ad is focuses on the tension caused by the ongoing confusion between his comparison website and Comparethemeekat.com, run by meerkat Alexandr Orlov. It is the second ad to feature Webb. The first instalment launched on Boxing Day.
While the campaign does not feature the brand’s meerkat mascot, Alexandr Orlov, it will continue to run ads featuring the successful character separately. A climax of Orlov meeting Wigglethorpe Throom is expecting to happen in future campaigns.
The ad was written by Jonathan Thake and directed by Simon Cole through HSI.
The campaign will be supported by online, eCRM and online display activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- International copywriter Hanson Search Between 45 000 and 54 000 Euros , Milan (IT)
- Brand Development Manager - 4 month contract Stopgap competitive, London
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood