Comparethemarket updates Robert Webb campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 11:57AM
Comparethemarket.com is launching the next phase of its new ad campaign staring comedian Robert Webb.
A 60-second TV spot, created by VCCP, will air today and feature Webb playing the fictional character of Comparethemarket.com chief executive, Maurice Wigglethorpe Throom.
The ad is focuses on the tension caused by the ongoing confusion between his comparison website and Comparethemeekat.com, run by meerkat Alexandr Orlov. It is the second ad to feature Webb. The first instalment launched on Boxing Day.
While the campaign does not feature the brand’s meerkat mascot, Alexandr Orlov, it will continue to run ads featuring the successful character separately. A climax of Orlov meeting Wigglethorpe Throom is expecting to happen in future campaigns.
The ad was written by Jonathan Thake and directed by Simon Cole through HSI.
The campaign will be supported by online, eCRM and online display activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London