House of Fraser calls £5m media review
House of Fraser has called a review of its £5m media planning and buying business, which has been handled by Publicis Groupe's MediaVest for the past 14 years.
The pitch process is being led by the department chain’s head of external communications, Amanda Green, and is expected to be completed by the summer.
Incumbent MediaVest has confirmed it is repitching for the business.
The majority of the company’s marketing spend, which is smaller than that of rivals Debenhams and John Lewis, is directed towards press ads. The high street retailer does have a sizable digital activity, but much of it is handled in-house.
The review of House of Fraser’s marketing services follows reports Don McCarthy, its entrepreneur owner, put the department store group up for sale before Christmas, with Sport Direct owner Mike Ashley named as a potential buyer.
The company said in a statement the review is part of a "marketing services review". It is not known if this will encompass House of Fraser’s creative account, which has been held by Fallon for the past two years.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch