APG announces boost in entries for Creative Strategy Awards
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 April 2013 11:24AM
The APG has received 136 entries for its Creative Strategy Awards 2013, an increase on the 112 entries when the awards were last held in 2011.
Brands that have entered include The Guardian, Nike, Lurpak, Doritos and EE. The number of entries is the second-highest in the award scheme’s history.
This year the APG (formerly known as the Account Planning Group) celebrates the 20th anniversary of the awards, which are held in association with Google.
A team of judges, led by the chair Andy Nairn, will shortlist entries by the first week of June. A second panel of judges, chaired by the author and consultant Adam Morgan, will then decide on the winners.
Craig Mawdsley, the chair of the APG, said: "The entries for the APG Creative Strategy Awards 2013 in association with Google are a veritable treasure trove of learning. If you want to know how to inspire ideas that get 500 million views, or earn a 9:1 ROI on Twitter, then you’re in for a treat."
M&C Saatchi and Lowe SSP3 were both awarded Grand Prix at the previous event in 2011.
The Colombia-based SSP3 was recognised for its 'Operation Christmas' campaign for the Colombian Ministry of Defence that saw record numbers of guerrillas disarm during the holiday period. Juan Pablo-Garcia and Maria Alejandra Urbina wrote the paper that led to the award.
M&C Saatchi was awarded its Grand Prix for its 'The Last Place' campaign for Dixons. Neil Godber and Richard Storey wrote the paper.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%