Oakley launches Change Perspective campaign
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 April 2013 08:40AM
Eyewear brand Oakley launches a European-wide campaign today featuring motor sport icons Fernando Alonso, Valentino Rossi and Sebastian Loeb.
The "change perspective" activity is part of Oakley’s umbrella campaign ‘Beyond Reason’ that started just before the 2012 Olympic Games and featured 2008 Olympic decathlete gold-winning medalist, Bryan Clay.
The print and digital campaign will run in magazines such as GQ, Men’s Health and Autosport, and will appear on sport and lifestyle websites, including Yahoo and FHM.
There will also be paid advertising across social media sites, including Facebook and Instagram, with a heavy focus on YouTube.
A video ad, created by Four23, reveals snippets of the motorists challenging themselves outside of their more well-documented racing live featuring Formula 1 driver Alonso as a road cyclist, rally driver Loeb as a helicopter pilot, and MotoGP rider Rossi as a rally driver.
The film is shot in black and white, intersected by snippets of writing with the central theme being to "change perspective on the world’s greatest athletes".
The print ads, interactive web-banners and digital and ambient outdoor activity likewise continue this idea of encouraging consumers to see these athletes differently.
A central campaign hub on Oakley.com will encourage photo sharing across various social networks.
Tom Cartmale, the brand director at Oakley UK, said that the campaign aimed to inspire consumers, while raising awareness about Oakley’s new Garage Rock eyewear in particular, alongside their other lifestyle products.
He said: "This spirit of new adventure, new experience and new horizons is what drives our iconic athletes, and has enabled Oakley to reset boundaries in product design and sport performance."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'