President and chief executive
+1 212 804 1414.
488, Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10022
Walking across Park Avenue 30 years ago, coming back to Chiat\Day.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
I have about 300.
Best thing about your job
Smart people, original ideas.
Worst thing about your job
Greedy, selfish people.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Don't be a jerk.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Lee Clow. He does what he wants.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Read, go to school to study anthropology.
Life is short but wide.
What would you change about yourself?
Everything and nothing.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
The sociable and generally hilarious Carroll didn't have much to laugh about in London at the end of 2008. The failed bid to buy Beattie McGuinness Bungay left local management destabilised and the agency is still without a creative chief.
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'