+44 (0)20 7758 1758
1 Alfred Place, London, WC1E 7EB
Starting the agency.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
I fell off a chair during an early interview.
Best thing about your job
Trying to solve seemingly intractable problems.
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Work every weekend.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
The receptionist in our Milan office, for obvious reasons.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Work for the World Food Programme.
My easygoing attitude.
What would you change about yourself?
I wish I could be tougher.
Radio 4, Sky Sports, Setanta Sports, The Guardian, Spectator.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
I once told someone: \"Take the day off – you deserve it.\"
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My Contax camera.
Famously grumpy Delaney does not suffer fools gladly. Sources close to the agency say he's trying hard to sell the shop, which is now 28 years old. He's a legendary copywriter, with a big brain, which latterly he's lent to US film project filmaka.com.
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ABM Interim Ball & Hoolahan £34,000 per annum, South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3