Dye Holloway Murray
+44 (0)20 7494 9600
30-32 Southampton Street, London, WC2E 7RA
31st May 1964
Head of art, Leagas Delaney, BMP and Abbott Mead Vickers. Starting Campbell Doyle Dye and DHM.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
I shot an ad with Malcolm Venville in his first year as a photographer. The ad we had to shoot required a naked secretary – can't remember why – but, anyway, Malcolm thought it best to not mention the naked bit at the casting. Or on the morning of the shoot.In fact, he left it until what the glamorous American model thought was the end of the shoot and enquired: \"Shall we just try a couple with no clothes on?\"
Best thing about your job
You start from square one every day, it's never repetitive.
Worst thing about your job
You start from square one every day, it's never easy.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Enjoy what you do.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Attention to detil (sic).
What would you change about yourself?
Andy's Records, East Finchley.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
Difficult to whittle them down to one.
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Oxygen? Water? Chives?
The family man got married this year to his long-term partner, and, with five kids between them, life's pretty busy. But Dye manages to keep up his main obsession in spite of the children around his ankles, collecting a vast array of mags and books on advertising to keep himself creatively inspired.
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne