Director of advertising
Mirror Group Newspapers
+44 (0)20 7293 3844
1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AP
18th April 1959
I don't feel that I have reached my full potential, so am not able to answer this.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Having to ask Rebekah Wade when I was working on The Sun if we could run an ad for The Fabulous Bakin' Boys for its pre-wrapped cakes. The ad featured a picture of Fanny Craddock bent over an oven pulling out a baking tray with the strapline: \"Our muffins are moist, just like Fanny's.\" Unfortunately, I said the words in the wrong order.
Best thing about your job
Working with great people, plus we get a free newspaper every day.
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Don't try to bribe Claire Beale.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Simon Orpin from ITV, so that I can pay David Emin back all the money I have borrowed from him to fund my lavish lifestyle.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Not tell the wife!
I can be funny at the drop of a cat.
What would you change about yourself?
I've always wanted a bigger nose.
Newspapers, Sky TV, Virgin Radio and The Week.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
That's never happened to me before!
How many toilets do you own?
Five, plus one Portaloo in the VW campervan.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My blood-pressure pills.
There might have been cutbacks at the Mirror Group this year, but Emin has been handed a wider role with responsibility for digital sales as well as print revenues across the Mirror Group's national brands. A great networker and popular with agencies, Emin's contacts book dwarfs those of his rivals.
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist (commercial) Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum + 40% bonus, London
- B2B Campaign Manager UK Stopgap competitive + benefits, Surrey
- ARTWORKERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, England
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure