Director of advertising
Mirror Group Newspapers
+44 (0)20 7293 3844
1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AP
18th April 1959
I don't feel that I have reached my full potential, so am not able to answer this.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Having to ask Rebekah Wade when I was working on The Sun if we could run an ad for The Fabulous Bakin' Boys for its pre-wrapped cakes. The ad featured a picture of Fanny Craddock bent over an oven pulling out a baking tray with the strapline: \"Our muffins are moist, just like Fanny's.\" Unfortunately, I said the words in the wrong order.
Best thing about your job
Working with great people, plus we get a free newspaper every day.
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Don't try to bribe Claire Beale.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Simon Orpin from ITV, so that I can pay David Emin back all the money I have borrowed from him to fund my lavish lifestyle.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Not tell the wife!
I can be funny at the drop of a cat.
What would you change about yourself?
I've always wanted a bigger nose.
Newspapers, Sky TV, Virgin Radio and The Week.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
That's never happened to me before!
How many toilets do you own?
Five, plus one Portaloo in the VW campervan.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My blood-pressure pills.
There might have been cutbacks at the Mirror Group this year, but Emin has been handed a wider role with responsibility for digital sales as well as print revenues across the Mirror Group's national brands. A great networker and popular with agencies, Emin's contacts book dwarfs those of his rivals.
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne