Head of MEC MediaLab
+44 (0)20 7803 2283
1, Paris Garden, London, , SE1 8NU
Twenty-two years without being found out.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
An uncannily accurate but none-too-flattering imitation of my then boss talking to his girlfriend on the phone, done for the amusement of my colleagues but without the knowledge that the source of my inspiration was well within earshot. Mike, you know it was affectionate really, don't you?
Best thing about your job
I spend other people's money on things that interest me.
Worst thing about your job
Not everyone is quite as interested in this stuff as I am.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Get yourself a proper ambition.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Call me boring if you like, but I'm very comfortable in my own skin.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Work with the microfinance charity Five Talents to help the active poor start and build businesses in the developing world.
The approachable technocrat.
What would you change about yourself?
I'd be a slightly better guitarist than my son.
Family Guy, The Guardian.
Peter Cook's Guitar World.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
I once managed to hide the fact that I'd overspent a client's press budget by £100,000.
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My bass trombone (a Holton TR180A).
The head of MEC's research division, media boffin \"Fletch\" played a large role in MEC's good run on new business this year – what the man doesn't know about ROI isn't worth knowing. He's also heavily involved in charity work, but doesn't like to blow his own trumpet. Ironic, considering he's a talented trombone player.
- Senior Account Manager - BTL / [Shopper] / Drinks - Integrated Agency - £34k to £39k Fill Recruitment £34k - £39k, plus superb benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'