Head of MEC MediaLab
+44 (0)20 7803 2283
1, Paris Garden, London, , SE1 8NU
Twenty-two years without being found out.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
An uncannily accurate but none-too-flattering imitation of my then boss talking to his girlfriend on the phone, done for the amusement of my colleagues but without the knowledge that the source of my inspiration was well within earshot. Mike, you know it was affectionate really, don't you?
Best thing about your job
I spend other people's money on things that interest me.
Worst thing about your job
Not everyone is quite as interested in this stuff as I am.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Get yourself a proper ambition.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Call me boring if you like, but I'm very comfortable in my own skin.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Work with the microfinance charity Five Talents to help the active poor start and build businesses in the developing world.
The approachable technocrat.
What would you change about yourself?
I'd be a slightly better guitarist than my son.
Family Guy, The Guardian.
Peter Cook's Guitar World.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
I once managed to hide the fact that I'd overspent a client's press budget by £100,000.
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My bass trombone (a Holton TR180A).
The head of MEC's research division, media boffin \"Fletch\" played a large role in MEC's good run on new business this year – what the man doesn't know about ROI isn't worth knowing. He's also heavily involved in charity work, but doesn't like to blow his own trumpet. Ironic, considering he's a talented trombone player.
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Communications Manager Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager (Digital) - Dutch Speaking - Fashion Phenomenon Recruitment Revolution £25,000 - £35,000 per annum plus bonus, London (East), London (Greater)
- eCommerce Trading Manager - Fast Growing Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Up to £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Paddy Power's Pistorius ad most-complained about in 2014
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign