Executive director, strategic planning.
Manning Gottlieb OMD
+44 (0)20 7470 5326
Seymour Mews House, 26-37 Seymour Mews, London, W1H 6BN
The Barley Mow. Being given a job by Colin Gottlieb. The Eurostar account. And every pitch I've worked on and won.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
When I pitched for Orange about six or so years ago. The fear of that presentation repeating itself has kept me motivated ever since.
Best thing about your job
That Leslie Phillips moment when everything connects in your head, you get the idea and you just know it's going to be a great piece of work.
Worst thing about your job
I hate losing pitches.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Start at Z and work backwards. Sorry. I inherited my dad's sense of humour. Alternatively, trust your instincts and don't grow up too fast.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
No one person. Probably a little bit of each of the team that created the Bravia \"balls\" ad.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Rent a house in the hills overlooking Florence and pretend to be a gentleman of leisure doing the Grand Tour.
I play the French horn better than anyone I know.
What would you change about yourself?
About a stone. Less, in case you were wondering.
Books to learn stuff and comics because I'm still about eight.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
It was all my own work.
How many toilets do you own?
Just the one. But it's a very nice one.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My piano. It's brilliant to play. Looks quite impressive too.
Every inch the creative media planner, Gittings has had a busy year evolving the Manning Gottlieb OMD planning product and pitching relentlessly. Outside the business, he combines a passion for winter sports with a strong knowledge of fine wines. A possibly dangerous combination.
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media