Executive director, strategic planning.
Manning Gottlieb OMD
+44 (0)20 7470 5326
Seymour Mews House, 26-37 Seymour Mews, London, W1H 6BN
The Barley Mow. Being given a job by Colin Gottlieb. The Eurostar account. And every pitch I've worked on and won.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
When I pitched for Orange about six or so years ago. The fear of that presentation repeating itself has kept me motivated ever since.
Best thing about your job
That Leslie Phillips moment when everything connects in your head, you get the idea and you just know it's going to be a great piece of work.
Worst thing about your job
I hate losing pitches.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Start at Z and work backwards. Sorry. I inherited my dad's sense of humour. Alternatively, trust your instincts and don't grow up too fast.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
No one person. Probably a little bit of each of the team that created the Bravia \"balls\" ad.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Rent a house in the hills overlooking Florence and pretend to be a gentleman of leisure doing the Grand Tour.
I play the French horn better than anyone I know.
What would you change about yourself?
About a stone. Less, in case you were wondering.
Books to learn stuff and comics because I'm still about eight.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
It was all my own work.
How many toilets do you own?
Just the one. But it's a very nice one.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My piano. It's brilliant to play. Looks quite impressive too.
Every inch the creative media planner, Gittings has had a busy year evolving the Manning Gottlieb OMD planning product and pitching relentlessly. Outside the business, he combines a passion for winter sports with a strong knowledge of fine wines. A possibly dangerous combination.
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign