Group commercial and operations director
+44 (0)20 7470 1012.
The Chrysalis Building, 13 Bramlet Road, London, W10 6SP
1st January 1952
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
No more domestic flights I drive (more to do with the queues than the carbon).
Karen, my wife.
Solus, SWIGS, MPA.
Desert island objects
A radio, a box of flares and some matches.
Bill Clinton. The most charismatic politician. He always found a way.
The Telegraph, any golf magazine, Have I Got News For You, LBC, GuardianUnlimited.
Biggest risk taken
Driven a racing car in a competitive race at Oulton Park.
It would invole a golf course, lunch, red wine, and friends.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Starting up Chrysalis Radio with Phil Riley.
I'm a scratch golfer (it's in there somewhere).
Best job outside advertising
Sales rep for Kellogg's great training ground.
Thomson survived a cull of senior management after Global's acquisition of the Chrysalis Radio assets. Gaining a promotion, his commercial experience will be vital to a radio group guided by the maverick programming skills of Richard Park.
Most expensive purchase
Shares in Chrysalis.
Why are you good at what you do?
I always employ the best people I can find.
- Design Lead Apple&Ink £50-60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PPC Manager Major Players £35000 - £38000 per annum + brilliant benefits, London
- Regional Business Development Manager (3-6 months) EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment Negotiable, Nottingham
- Multiplatform Sales Manager - Exciting Premium Publisher! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Commission, City of London
- IR Specialist / Senior Specialist - Japanese Speaker EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £45000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'