National Magazine Company
+44 (0)20 7439 5139.
72 Broadwick Street, London, W1V 2BP
1st January 1964
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Personally, I don't, but I do often run or cycle to work. At the office, we have just installed a wormery for the kitchen waste from the Good Housekeeping Institute among a whole range of other measures.
Frank Bennack, the former chief executive of Hearst.
OMT Rugby Club, Finchley Rugby Club, Soho House, George, Solus, Marketing Group of GB.
Cannondale R500 Road Bike.
Desert island objects
Fully loaded MP3 player, running shoes and a library.
I am a huge fan of Margaret Thatcher. Her record looks more impressive with the passage of time.
The Daily Telegraph, Esquire, 24, Radio 4, runnersworld.com, planetfear.com.
Biggest risk taken
Getting NatMags into weeklies. I'm glad to say it paid off.
Either a) a long walk in the mountains followed by camping by a deserted tarn with a very small flask of scotch, or b) a day on the beach in Greece with family and friends, followed by a long lazy dinner at a seaside Taverna.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
My wife says Kiefer Sutherland, but I suspect that's just her little fantasy.
Right now, I'm most proud of the rebirth of Harper's Bazaar and Esquire.
I can (sort of) play the euphonium.
Best job outside advertising
A summer rebuilding a hill-top cottage in North Wales.
Edwards continues to read market trends well. He will have been sad to see the female-oriented digital magazine Jellyfish close in August after a 20-week pilot, and the teen title CosmoGIRL fold after six years of publication. Better news in the male market, though. Men's Health is still jumping off the shelves, and his securing of former Wallpaper* editor, Jeremy Langmead, to revamp Esquire into a stylish male read was a masterstroke.
Most expensive purchase
School fees and holidays. As an object, probably a watch.
Why are you good at what you do?
I try very hard to be consistent and never let things drop.
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile