Chief executive (EMEA)
Starcom MediaVest Group
+44 (0)20 7190 8008
Whitfield House, 89 Whitfield Street, London, W1T 4HQ
25th March 1962
BMP, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Motive, Starcom – working with some of the best in the business.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
As new managing director, sitting the whole of Starcom Motive on the floor of a meeting room and ranting for an hour about what great communications campaigns needed to look like. Not a great management technique.
Best thing about your job
Diversity – from the UK to Russia to the Middle East, seeing young teams creating great product.
Worst thing about your job
Sending e-mails about headcount management.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Stealing John Hegarty's great advice – when others zig, zag.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
A 24-year-old digital expert.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Get back on a plane, but this time with my family.
Ask someone else, please.
What would you change about yourself?
Hair back, please.
It changes every week.
Evans Cycles and any genuinely old hardware store. Sad, isn't it?
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
I love the French.
How many toilets do you own?
This is getting weird – one house, three toilets. What's the right answer?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Campaign, of course.
He might appear mild-mannered and low key, but Jacob is not afraid of instigating dramatic change, as evidenced at Starcom this year. The Starcom stalwart is determinedly aiming for a successful turnaround of his agency's fortunes.
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne