Pearl & Dean
+44 (0)20 7882 1000
3, Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London, EC1
Wednesday night, about 8pm
Newspapers – local and national (The Daily Telegraph); magazines at IPC – developed great knowledge of soaps and shopping; radio – working at Virgin during the Branson and Evans eras; music – mayhem and brilliant experiences. Group role at SMG across TV, radio, posters and cinema. Now at Pearl & Dean with a wonderful team and get paid to watch films.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Jonathan Ross resting his naked buttocks on a glass wall during a client presentation I was giving is up there somewhere.
Best thing about your job
The people who work at Pearl & Dean, the partners we work with in film, exhibition, agencies and clients. Laughing out loud at least five times a day. Doing new stuff. Getting paid to watch films. The snacks at the Curzon cinemas. Listening to bizarre music choices from the team at P&D.
Worst thing about your job
Currently, section A, clause seven, points 1.4 to 1.7 of an exhibitor contract.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
What do I know? I am here by a combination of judicious timing, luck and people giving me jobs I wasn't quite ready for and providing me with lots of support. Loving what you do is a massive help.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
I admire many people for different things, so I can't answer this.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Write the book my husband says I have in me. Volunteer. Get fit. Travel. Finish reading my book on Pitt that I love but never get fully into.
Optimistic, adaptable, hard-worker with love of creativity. Good at surrounding myself with talented people.
What would you change about yourself?
Obsessing about Section A, clause seven, points 1.4 to 1.7 of an exhibitor contract.
Film (clearly), Geoff Lloyd on radio, The Week, Doctor Who, adambowie.com, Condé Nast Traveller... too many for such a small space.
On spend criteria, the shops of the John Lewis partnership. Mottoo in Brighton. Doves the butcher.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
How many toilets do you own?
Do you ever really own a toilet or is it just a transitory relationship?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Love, laughter, hope and a good cup of Yorkshire Tea.
Jacob continues to represent Pearl & Dean with some style, and it has managed to build its market share with the capture of new cinema contracts. Otherwise, she continues to enjoy South West London family life alongside her husband, Iain.
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy