Pearl & Dean
+44 (0)20 7882 1000
3, Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London, EC1
Wednesday night, about 8pm
Newspapers – local and national (The Daily Telegraph); magazines at IPC – developed great knowledge of soaps and shopping; radio – working at Virgin during the Branson and Evans eras; music – mayhem and brilliant experiences. Group role at SMG across TV, radio, posters and cinema. Now at Pearl & Dean with a wonderful team and get paid to watch films.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Jonathan Ross resting his naked buttocks on a glass wall during a client presentation I was giving is up there somewhere.
Best thing about your job
The people who work at Pearl & Dean, the partners we work with in film, exhibition, agencies and clients. Laughing out loud at least five times a day. Doing new stuff. Getting paid to watch films. The snacks at the Curzon cinemas. Listening to bizarre music choices from the team at P&D.
Worst thing about your job
Currently, section A, clause seven, points 1.4 to 1.7 of an exhibitor contract.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
What do I know? I am here by a combination of judicious timing, luck and people giving me jobs I wasn't quite ready for and providing me with lots of support. Loving what you do is a massive help.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
I admire many people for different things, so I can't answer this.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Write the book my husband says I have in me. Volunteer. Get fit. Travel. Finish reading my book on Pitt that I love but never get fully into.
Optimistic, adaptable, hard-worker with love of creativity. Good at surrounding myself with talented people.
What would you change about yourself?
Obsessing about Section A, clause seven, points 1.4 to 1.7 of an exhibitor contract.
Film (clearly), Geoff Lloyd on radio, The Week, Doctor Who, adambowie.com, Condé Nast Traveller... too many for such a small space.
On spend criteria, the shops of the John Lewis partnership. Mottoo in Brighton. Doves the butcher.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
How many toilets do you own?
Do you ever really own a toilet or is it just a transitory relationship?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Love, laughter, hope and a good cup of Yorkshire Tea.
Jacob continues to represent Pearl & Dean with some style, and it has managed to build its market share with the capture of new cinema contracts. Otherwise, she continues to enjoy South West London family life alongside her husband, Iain.
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne