+44 (0)20 3059 0400
175, High Holborn, London, , WC1V 7AA
22 September (same as Bilbo Baggins) 1956.
Teaching undergrads at USC; managing director, Zenith Outdoor; general manager, Zenith; MD, Amra; MD, Initiative; MD, Magna; CEO, ipm.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Romford, summer 1988. Ask Patrick Burton!
Best thing about your job
Colleagues, working with smart people, humour.
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Poetry is news that stays news.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
I wouldn't want to be anybody else – I lack the imagination.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
More study on Donald Coxeter and Benoît Mandelbrot.
Friendly, focused and fortunate.
What would you change about yourself?
My tendency to overheat.
Monocle, International Herald Tribune, The Economist, Google, Vanity Fair, bluekipper.com.
Etro and Piquadro – both Milan.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
Too many, or few, to mention.
How many toilets do you own?
Five (three in the UK, two in Italy).
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Swimming goggles, books, Ventolin inhaler, Joni Mitchell, Maltesers.
Jeans is a highly esteemed negotiator and a well-liked chief executive. Small but scrappy, ipm may have a long way to go to catch up on the big two in the market, but still holds tight to its market share, despite a flurry of outdoor upstarts in recent years.
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER: (Digital, Print, Marketing, Events) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Digital Developer AF Selection £25,000, Preston, Lancashire
- Senior Strategy Consultant Stopgap £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Interim EMEA Communications Manager Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers