Chairman and chief executive
+1 212 210 7550
466, Lexington Avenue, New York, NY, 10017
13th July 1953
Cannes 2008, winning 39 Lions and India's first Grand Prix.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Signing a credit line guaranteeing personal assets when opening Goldsmith/Jeffrey.
Best thing about your job
The fact that we have a fantastic array of people all over the world from every culture, and I have the opportunity to work with them every day.
Worst thing about your job
We have more than 200 offices around the globe and it's really important that they feel connected to the leadership at JWT – but the travel can have a real impact on your energy levels; working out at every destination helps.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
I'm not sure if you \"make it in\" or are bestowed. Either way, I'd say focus on your work, stay curious and be highly motivated.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
I'm happy being who I am.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
I would probably look to work in politics, to support a candidate I believe in and give back some of the unique skills we have in marketing and media, especially the brand wisdom that JWT owns, to make some real change.
Calm under pressure.
What would you change about yourself?
I know that I'm really passionate about the work, our reputation and our passion to grow. I could probably take a step back from the inner machinations of our business from time to time.
nytimes.com, YouTube, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times.
Lord Willy's in Nolita, founded by Alex Wilcox, a former award-winning art director from JWT.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
The answer to the next question.
How many toilets do you own?
180. Does that include the gold ones?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
My Nokia cellphone. The team in London had it engraved for me and it really is the best communications device I own.
This silver-haired fitness fanatic is known for his thoughtful manner and his boxing prowess. As the head of JWT worldwide, Jeffrey, who was responsible for rebranding JWT from J Walter Thompson, is determined to lead the network through a digital revolution.
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne