Head of strategy
+44 (0)20 7393 9000
11 Great Newport Street, London, WC2H
Working in full-service agencies such as Burton Wisgard, FCB and Leo Burnett in roles from TV buyer to head of press and, eventually, strategy director at Leo Burnett. I moved to BBC Worldwide to add some financial rigour and to see what it is like being a client (with PHD as our agency). All topped off by eight years at MPG as head of strategy, working within a brilliant network which had the vision to slowly and steadily build the right agency for 21st-century communications.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Best thing about your job
Great people and clients who let us get involved in genuine business issues.
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Spend your time focusing on other things.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Michael Grade – the opportunity to revolutionise the TV model for the opportunity to revolutionise the TV model for the 21st century is huge. As is the vision for how to monetise it.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Travel around the world with my family for a year.
I'm not posh.
What would you change about yourself?
My time-keeping skills.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
It only cost £100 in the sale.
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
MPG's chief strategic mind continues to give it an edge against the competition and wins tremendous respect for the clients she works on (notably Camelot and the BBC). She seems happily ensconced at the Havas agency as it continues to grow and has, so far, resisted offers to move elsewhere.
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media