Group marketing director
+44 (0)844 881 8000
200 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HF
31st March 1968
I'm very proud of what we achieved at St Luke's and believe the industry desperately needs more disruptive innovation.A more recent highlight is happening now – playing a part in changing the fortunes of ITV.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
While looking after the Sky business at St Luke's, I was waiting outside the boardroom at Sky HQ, to present the latest brand campaign to Tony Ball and his executive team, to be told the tape (it was pre-digital days) had fallen off the bike on the Hammersmith Flyover and a lorry had driven over it – could I possibly keep them waiting for an hour?
Best thing about your job
There is nothing better than working with the programming and production executives from the start of an idea, to execution, to the marketing strategy, and opening the overnight e-mail following launch night and seeing that a hit has been created. A wonderful feeling.
Worst thing about your job
To get the programme hits, we have to have the misses, and it's painful when it happens.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
I've taken Claire Beale to the Brits for the past couple of years and it worked for me.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
I wouldn't mind having a stab at James Murdoch's job – blending the old media world with the new is fascinating stuff.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Learn to be a powerful Hollywood producer would be good, but, more likely, I would pander to my sad obsession with cars and anything Italian and drive around Italy eating fine food and drinking wine.
A perfect blend of charm, dynamism and charisma.
What would you change about yourself?
Based upon the answer above, my arrogance levels might need looking at.
TV, of course!
A cycle shop called Condor on Gray's Inn Road – a labyrinth of expensive Italian bikes.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
At a party, I once told someone jokingly I was the Toni of Toni & Guy fame. I then sort of forgot to reveal my dishonesty and spent the evening talking about fictitious hairstyles I had created.
How many toilets do you own?
Six. What a strange question.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Sorry to say it, but my BlackBerry – I'm an addict!
Heading marketing at ITV, which has been making cuts across the board, was not the easiest job in 2008, but Pemsel's professionalism and grace under pressure has helped to deliver some memorable campaigns following its decision to reappoint Bartle Bogle Hegarty as its agency in late 2007.
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne