Chief operating officer
+44 (0)20 7307 3100
10 Stephen Mews, London, W1T 1AG
10th October 1967
Being lucky enough to have had a hand in creating some of the benchmark branded content TV projects over the last five years and, of course, being part of the Cake success story.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
I appeared in an ad for Cycling Weekly dressed head to toe as a rider from the Tour de France. I was the marketing manager, it was my first day in the job.
Best thing about your job
Brave and visionary clients and repaying the faith placed in us.
Worst thing about your job
When I see creativity and genuine innovation getting smothered by pragmatism and a culture of risk-aversion.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Hire a PR agency.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Robert Senior (and he knows why!).
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Write my first novel.
I am the third man.
What would you change about yourself?
More hair. More patience.
The Guardian, Radio 5 Live, The Sunday Times.
The Harrods Food Hall at Christmas.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
I can speak fluent French and I don't really like watching football (both to my wife on our first date).
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
English Breakfast tea.
The ex-Loaded publisher is moving to the US with his family next April to head up the Cake/Havas Sport & Entertainment division in New York. Pettett spearheaded Cake's drive into brand-funded TV in the UK, but the company's acquisition by Havas in March this year gives him a much larger platform on which to play.
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne