Joint managing director
+44 (0)20 7379 9000.
Orion House, 5 Upper Saint Martins Lane, London, WC2H 9EA
1st March 1971
Fantasy business partner
Robin Williams. I'm lucky enough to be working with his doppelganger already, and it's great.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
We're relocating to a green building.
That'll be the wife again.
Farnham Squash Club, The Solus Club.
Desert island objects
Solar-powered iPod, palm-oil-driven jet-ski, Bear Grylls' survival manual.
Mayor Quimby from The Simpsons. A genius and a man of the people.
Broadsheets, The Week, The Shield, Xfm, music.aol.co.uk.
Biggest risk taken
Something to do with getting my now wife pregnant when we were in our early twenties.
Leaving work having been told all our clients are happy and we've won our last three pitches, home to watch my children playing cricket, then on to a reformed Pixies concert.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Danny DeVito or Peter Lorre.
It's the people. Working with amazing talents clientside, at media owner companies, and at Vizeum. After that, launching broadband in the UK.
Bear Grylls, now that the Daily Mail has established Born Survivor as a work of fiction. Truly magnetic TV.
Nothing's hidden. What meagre talents I have are peddled mercilessly.
Best job outside advertising
Video shop assistant in the late 80s. I have the biggest collection and encyclopaedic knowledge of straight-to-video cult classics. It didn't do Quentin Tarantino any harm.
The more rational half of Vizeum's joint management team alongside Matt Andrews, Millar has set about using his client skills gained at BT to quietly transform Vizeum into a more digital-focused business. In between defending accounts including Coca-Cola and Pernod Ricard, Millar found time to build the agency's search marketing credentials.
Most expensive purchase
My wife has a recurring nightmare that I've bought a pair of trainers for £999.99.
Why are you good at what you do?
I am driven by a morbid fear of failure. And my wife.
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SEO Analyst - Technical Ultimate Asset £24000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Account Executive - £34K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Product Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: healthcare, bonus, product discount, Nottingham
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control