Deputy chief executive
+44 (0)20 7298 7231
26-27 Castlereagh Street, London, W1H 5DL
Commercial director, Guardian News and Media; getting Adam Freeman to pay for lunch; Berliner format change; chairing Newspaper Marketing Agency.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Best thing about your job
Never a dull moment.
Worst thing about your job
I still haven't got my breakfast show together.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Not sure what the criteria is...
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Travel, learn French.
I try hard.
What would you change about yourself?
I would like to be really good at golf.
Smooth Radio, The Guardian, The Observer, Observer Food Monthly, The Economist, Private Eye, Sky Sports 1.
Selfridges Food Hall.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
Trust me, I'm a doctor.
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Two wheels, pedals, lycra and an open road.
Just over a year into the radio world and the former newspaper man has his hands full. He joined GMG Radio as commercial director and was soon promoted to deputy chief executive. On top of that, he was managing director of Smooth Radio. And next year he's set to take over from John Myers as GMG chief executive.
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Brand and Marketing Manager (national charity, FTC 9-12 months) ADLIB 25-28k, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers