Deputy chief executive
+44 (0)20 7298 7231
26-27 Castlereagh Street, London, W1H 5DL
Commercial director, Guardian News and Media; getting Adam Freeman to pay for lunch; Berliner format change; chairing Newspaper Marketing Agency.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Best thing about your job
Never a dull moment.
Worst thing about your job
I still haven't got my breakfast show together.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Not sure what the criteria is...
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Travel, learn French.
I try hard.
What would you change about yourself?
I would like to be really good at golf.
Smooth Radio, The Guardian, The Observer, Observer Food Monthly, The Economist, Private Eye, Sky Sports 1.
Selfridges Food Hall.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
Trust me, I'm a doctor.
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Two wheels, pedals, lycra and an open road.
Just over a year into the radio world and the former newspaper man has his hands full. He joined GMG Radio as commercial director and was soon promoted to deputy chief executive. On top of that, he was managing director of Smooth Radio. And next year he's set to take over from John Myers as GMG chief executive.
- Account Manager, London, £30k Direct Recruitment £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategy Director, 70k-90k + bens Direct Recruitment £70k-90k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director createselect £35-43K pa, depending on experience., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Junior Copywriter - Presentation/Decks Digital Gurus £22000 - £30000 Per Annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy