Deputy chief executive
+44 (0)20 7298 7231
26-27 Castlereagh Street, London, W1H 5DL
Commercial director, Guardian News and Media; getting Adam Freeman to pay for lunch; Berliner format change; chairing Newspaper Marketing Agency.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Best thing about your job
Never a dull moment.
Worst thing about your job
I still haven't got my breakfast show together.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Not sure what the criteria is...
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Travel, learn French.
I try hard.
What would you change about yourself?
I would like to be really good at golf.
Smooth Radio, The Guardian, The Observer, Observer Food Monthly, The Economist, Private Eye, Sky Sports 1.
Selfridges Food Hall.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
Trust me, I'm a doctor.
How many toilets do you own?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Two wheels, pedals, lycra and an open road.
Just over a year into the radio world and the former newspaper man has his hands full. He joined GMG Radio as commercial director and was soon promoted to deputy chief executive. On top of that, he was managing director of Smooth Radio. And next year he's set to take over from John Myers as GMG chief executive.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Market Research Analyst - Charity - Contract Hasson Associates £33000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London