+44 (0)20 7566 7029.
London, E14 4QB
14th November 1965
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Reducing one's carbon footprint is down to a mixture of small, individual decisions and grand strategic gestures. For example, WPP has off-set its carbon footprint for the next three years through various global initiatives and schemes. As the managing director of Ogilvy Advertising, I am working with my team to ensure we meet our target of reducing our carbon footprint by 20 per cent over the next year. And of course, I always switch my computer off when I go home at night.
No-one or nothing in particular, but being the youngest of three boys doesn't half make you competitive.
The Hospital and The WhitstableYacht Club.
Desert island objects
iPod, boat, PC with wireless broadband connection.
The Sunday Times, Coast, Top Gear, Johnny Vaughan on Capital.
Biggest risk taken
Commiting myself to a huge mortgage I couldn't afford in the middle of the property crash in the late 80s and early 90s, at a time when people were losing their homes and 30 per cent of jobs in advertising were cut. I bought a flat in Fulham. The finance director of Ogilvy at the time said I was stupid and irresponsible and refused to be a reference on my mortgage application. The market turned six months later and I made about £35,000, which was twice my salary at the time.
Sun shining, run on the beach, no issues at work, win some new business in the afternoon. Go home early and go for a bike ride on the beach with my daughter. Stop at the beach bar for real ale. Go home and cook barbecue with friends. Don't look at BlackBerry and go to bed.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Peter Sellers. At least it might be funny that way.
Joined Ogilvy & Mather Direct in 1988 the same time as Rory Sutherland. Spent a year in Ogilvy Asia, four years in O&M London and Euro RSCG, three years in Ogilvy Asia, seven years in OgilvyOne, and one year in Ogilvy Advertising.
I used to be a very good hurdler and a waterskiier. Do they count?
Best job outside advertising
Van driver, white to boot.
The business-like Lambert seemed an odd choice for the role of managing director at Ogilvy because of his history in DM. But it seems to have brought the ad agency and Ogilvy One closer together.
Most expensive purchase
My wife's engagement ring.
Why are you good at what you do?
You should ask my team, but I think I give them clear direction.
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers