Paul van Barthold
Chief operating officer
+44 (0)20 7182 6400
247, Tottenham Court Road, London, , W1T 7QX
Scottish TV, 1980-83; The Media Business, 1983-1998; MediaCom, 1998-2000; BLM, 2000-present.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Too many to mention.
Best thing about your job
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Learn to play the guitar (properly).
What would you change about yourself?
TV sports channels, music and sports websites and The Daily Telegraph.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
All of the above!
How many toilets do you own?
None, according to my wife. I only own the mortgage.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
A glass of Burgundy.
Few would begrudge van Barthold his part in BLM's celebrations when it sold to Havas to become Arena BLM. Now van Barthold is responsible for running an agency with loftier UK ambitions, he will be hoping his football team, Fulham, can avoid another relegation struggle.
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per hour + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London