Paul van Barthold
Chief operating officer
+44 (0)20 7182 6400
247, Tottenham Court Road, London, , W1T 7QX
Scottish TV, 1980-83; The Media Business, 1983-1998; MediaCom, 1998-2000; BLM, 2000-present.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Too many to mention.
Best thing about your job
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Learn to play the guitar (properly).
What would you change about yourself?
TV sports channels, music and sports websites and The Daily Telegraph.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
All of the above!
How many toilets do you own?
None, according to my wife. I only own the mortgage.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
A glass of Burgundy.
Few would begrudge van Barthold his part in BLM's celebrations when it sold to Havas to become Arena BLM. Now van Barthold is responsible for running an agency with loftier UK ambitions, he will be hoping his football team, Fulham, can avoid another relegation struggle.
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Qual - Growing Boutique Agency Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car or C/A, South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)