Paul van Barthold
Chief operating officer
+44 (0)20 7182 6400
247, Tottenham Court Road, London, , W1T 7QX
Scottish TV, 1980-83; The Media Business, 1983-1998; MediaCom, 1998-2000; BLM, 2000-present.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Too many to mention.
Best thing about your job
Worst thing about your job
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Learn to play the guitar (properly).
What would you change about yourself?
TV sports channels, music and sports websites and The Daily Telegraph.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
All of the above!
How many toilets do you own?
None, according to my wife. I only own the mortgage.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
A glass of Burgundy.
Few would begrudge van Barthold his part in BLM's celebrations when it sold to Havas to become Arena BLM. Now van Barthold is responsible for running an agency with loftier UK ambitions, he will be hoping his football team, Fulham, can avoid another relegation struggle.
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy