+44 (0)161 228 3909
117-119 Portland Street, , Manchester, , M1 6ED
Four years later than Jon Horrocks.
Someone's always employed me.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Running Guy Zitter's Daily Mail ad sales conference at La Manga in 1995. We completely misjudged the audience.
Best thing about your job
Worst thing about your job
Not having lunch.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Buy a Campaign journalist lunch at least once every six months.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Phil Georgiadis. For his beauty and brains.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Rent a house in St Emilion.
Big, loud, enthusiastic and cares a lot.
What would you change about yourself?
You'll have to ask my wife.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
I never tell lies.
How many toilets do you own?
Don't you mean loos?
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
Varley led his Manchester-based agency into a repositioning this year, dropping the \"Manchester\" from its name in order to restyle itself as a national agency. Varley felt the old Manchester tag was getting a bit too parochial.
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £37,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)