Internet Advertising Bureau
+44 (0)20 7886 8282.
Adams House, 7-10 Adam Street, London, W1F 7HR
Fantasy business partner
Sofia Loren, circa 1965.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
We sold one of our cars... and bought a racehorse.
Adam Street, RSA, David Lloyd Leisure, "Jeff Beck is Better Than Hendrix" Facebook group.
Desert island objects
Midnight at the Oasis, sung by Maria Muldur; Ravel's Le Tombeau de Couperin; and The Pump by Jeff Beck.
William Wilberforce. Helped abolish slavery.
The Guardian, Classic Cars, Channel 4 Racing, Radio Five Live, and all my members' fabulous websites.
Biggest risk taken
Buying a race horse.
Get up about 10.00am, play on beach with little Jazzo (two), go racing after lunch with Susannah (15), Jeff Beck concert in the evening with Rebecca (darling wife).
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Hugh Grant, but I'd have to direct him.
Rock star, cable TV, mobile phones, and finally, our wonderful medium, the interweb.
I can sing How Much Is That Doggy In The Window? backwards.
Best job outside advertising
Shortlived drag artist.
Two years spent at the helm of the IAB would be enough to turn anyone's hair grey. Trying to balance the needs of media owners and agencies is not an easy task. Phillipson has a reputation for being a bit hard to talk to, but his measured approach does seem to work, particularly with advertisers.
Most expensive purchase
My Novice Hurdler (the horsey).
Why are you good at what you do?
Natural charisma, and a genuine love of all things media? and I'm good with children.
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues