Managing director, The Daily Mail, group; commercial director, Associated Newspapers
Daily Mail and General Trust
+44 (0)20 7938 6000.
Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT
1st January 1954
Fantasy business partner
My wife might read this.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I bicycle to work.
Probably my father, although he died when I was 16.
Harry's Bar, Mossimans, St Moritz Yacht Club.
Sunseeker Predator 85? but no-one has given me one yet.
Desert island objects
Bar, pool, aircon.
Attila the Hun.
The Daily Mail, The Economist, House, Radio 4, Igloo.com.
Biggest risk taken
Personally insuring Piper Alpha via Lloyds of London? without realising it.
The old family dog's bowels behave. My wife tells me that she loves me. My son tells me that he loves me. My daughter tells me that she loves me. Circulation goes up. Advertising goes up. Profit goes up. A bottle of 1961 Petrus and a large Montecristo accompanied by laughter.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Jack Nicholson, but I am not sure that he has sufficient capacity to enjoy himself.
Being vilified in Campaign seemed to get me lots of job offers.
I am still trying to find it.
Best job outside advertising
Owning and running a restaurant.
A connoisseur of the good things in life, the irrepressible Zitter is arguably one of the industry's most entertaining men to have lunch with, although a number of shrinking violets on the agency side often find some of his more robust opinions alarming. He doesn't suffer fools gladly.
Most expensive purchase
Contents of the wine cellar.
Why are you good at what you do?
Focus, humour, no bullshit, more focus.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned