Deputy executive creative director
+44 (0)20 7573 6784
76-80 Whitfield Street, London, W1A
14th July 1963
Can't remember what time though.
Three D&AD Pencils. Five D&AD nominations.
Most cringeworthy moment of your career
Presenting an entire creative pitch with hiccups. (No, we didn't win.).
Best thing about your job
Those wonderful days when it doesn't feel like a job.
Worst thing about your job
Watching great ideas slowly die the death of a thousand cuts.
Advice for a wannabe A Lister
Marry a Campaign journalist.
If you could be anyone else in this business, who would it be?
Whoever it is who earns the biggest salary.
What would you do on a sabbatical?
Ideally, the job of the person mentioned in my previous answer.
The wisdom to listen. The courage to speak.
What would you change about yourself?
A superhuman ability to get clients to agree with me.
If you mean to make ads for; TV, posters and, increasingly, the dark digital arts.
What’s the biggest lie you’ve told?
I once told a girl in a nightclub that I was a freelance shepherd. She believed me.
How many toilets do you own?
Three – four, including my back garden.
What can’t you live without (apart from family)?
1) Good red wine. 2) Oxygen.
Young has taken the reins of the creative department at TBWA\London and is doing a handsome job filling Steve Henry's shoes, according to his superiors. However, the agency is still looking for a big ECD to run the department. Time will tell whether Young is happy with this.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Executive Dot-Gap £19k, London Central
- Account Director (Planning) Dot-Gap £45k + BONUS, London Central
- Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k , London Central