The Economist Group
+44 (0)20 7830 7001.
25 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1HG
10th February 1957
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Driving less. Trees.
Being born in Switzerland.
Too discreet to say.
A snazzy corkscrew.
Desert island objects
Loo paper, complete works of Charles Dickens, good bed.
Christine Lagarde in France, because she became a politician late.
The Economist, FT, Ugly Betty, Radio 4, Economist.com.
Biggest risk taken
Joining The Economist.
Starts with two cappuccinos.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Being in the same organisation so long.
Best job outside advertising
Working in a food shop.
The fact Alexander has been at the helm of The Economist for more than a decade is testament to the confidence the board has in her. Associates speak highly of her skill at managing budgets and sound business brain.
Most expensive purchase
Why are you good at what you do?
Ask my team.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media