The Economist Group
+44 (0)20 7830 7001.
25 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1HG
10th February 1957
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Driving less. Trees.
Being born in Switzerland.
Too discreet to say.
A snazzy corkscrew.
Desert island objects
Loo paper, complete works of Charles Dickens, good bed.
Christine Lagarde in France, because she became a politician late.
The Economist, FT, Ugly Betty, Radio 4, Economist.com.
Biggest risk taken
Joining The Economist.
Starts with two cappuccinos.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Being in the same organisation so long.
Best job outside advertising
Working in a food shop.
The fact Alexander has been at the helm of The Economist for more than a decade is testament to the confidence the board has in her. Associates speak highly of her skill at managing budgets and sound business brain.
Most expensive purchase
Why are you good at what you do?
Ask my team.
- Search Performance Manager Source £68000 - £85000 per annum + Generous Bonus and Benefits, London
- Campaigns Marketing Manager fusion-lifestyle £35000 - £40000 per annum + 25 days holiday, private medical, London
- Midweight graphic designer Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Lead Creative Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- DEPUTY PRODUCT EDITOR (FASHION, DIGITAL, EDITING) Creative Recruitment £26000 - £28000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media