Mainardo de Nardis
+1 212 590 7253
195 Broadway, , New York, , NY 10007
Deciding to work in advertising at age eight; launching and managing third wave ad agency in Milan age 25; developing largest Italian media agency in the 80s/early 90s; creating and chairing the largest association of independent media agencies in Europe; moving to London in 1993 to contribute to CIA's development from London/Milan to become a proper global network; managing the merger between CIA and The Media Edge to create Mediaedge:cia; having been on the board of two public companies, CIA G
Favourite TV programme
The Economist and Monocle.
Nowadays it must be anything on New York real estate as we are still looking for a permanent home...
Favourite recent marketing campaign
Too many to mention – too risky to answer!
If I can only mention one I'll say Virgin for its transgressive, underdog, sexy approach. You just want them to do well... and it's our client!
What’s your concession to the recession?
Unfortunately, a certain degree of optimism.
Who would play you in a movie?
Marcello Mastroianni, different look but similar accent!
Only serving wines from our (small) family vineyard in Italy.
Skiing, sailing, classic (often broken) cars, wine.
What gadget do you think should be invented?
You’ve got one last Tweet before you die. What do you Tweet?
\"Don't take things too seriously, only do what you think is right, break a few rules on the way... and enjoy it!\"
Having been the victim of some rather shabby political manoeuvring in his previous role at Carat, de Nardis was undoubtedly rather glad to get back in the saddle at OMD. But he can't complain too much about his previous employers – it was revealed back in April that he'd been paid a severance package of more than £700,000.
Turin, Italy, 24 November 1960.
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Affiliates Manager - Exciting Entertainment Brand! - London Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus & bens, London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London