President and chief executive
Clear Channel International
+44 (0)20 7478 2334
33 Golden Square, , London, , W1F 9JT
Managing director, JWT London; chief executive, PPGH/JWT Amsterdam; director of strategy, JWT Worldwide; chief executive, APL London; partner/head of branding practice, McKinsey & Co; chairman and chief executive, Y&R Europe; chairman and chief executive, BBDO Europe.
Favourite TV programme
Mad Men (so well-written, so beautifully art directed and I'm in love with January Jones).
Favourite recent marketing campaign
Sainsbury's \"feed your family for a fiver.\" (On-brand, on-strategy and brilliantly executed.)
Araldite. \"It also sticks handles to teapots.\" A timeless brand created on just one poster site.
What’s your concession to the recession?
Any thought of retirement. Ever.
Who would play you in a movie?
Bruce Willis (my wife says).
I can tell you what was number one the week you were born.
Obsessively following most other runners in the London Marathon; Bruce Springsteen; the progress of a slow-growing hedge and the painful, lingering, calamitous collapse of New Labour.
What gadget do you think should be invented?
A master switch that turns off every light and piece of kit in the house without affecting Sky+.
You’ve got one last Tweet before you die. What do you Tweet?
\"Had we but world enough, and time this coyness, lady, were no crime... But at my back I always hear Time's wingéd chariot hurrying near.\"
Eccleshare runs marathons as a hobby. And he's never shied away from an energy-sapping challenge professionally either. Having spent the most recent part of his career in charge of the European operation of one of the world's best networks, he's just changed direction dramatically, joining Clear Channel Outdoor to head all of its international operations outside the US. Clear Channel's revenue prospects have been problematic – but Eccleshare's share options will be lucrative if he wins through.
3am. 26 October. London.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- European PR Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £75,000 to £90,000, Central London
- Digital Marketing Coordinator PSD Group £28 - £32k, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned