+44 (0)20 7306 8200.
124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I don't own a car.
John Fox, ex-TVS; Ron Miller, ex-LWT; Stewart Butterfield, ex-C4.
Arsenal, Soho House.
Desert island objects
Sky+, Arsenal video and a picture of those I love.
Margaret Thatcher. She did what she said she would.
The Sun, Official Arsenal Magazine, Sky Sports News, CSI, Radio Five Live, The Daily Telegraph Fantasy League.
Biggest risk taken
Selling C4's airtime not against station price.
A run by the Thames, an attended Arsenal victory, TV and then food and drink with my friends and family.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
My wonderful brother, who knows and understands me best.
Southern Television/TVS from 1979 to 1991; Channel 4 deputy sales director, 1991 to 1997; Channel 4 sales director from 1997 to the present.
Gil Grisham in CSI.
I make wonderful sandwiches.
Best job outside advertising
Barman at the local pub.
One of TV's best, and most experienced, sales people, Barnes spent much of 2007 fending off speculation he was leaving Channel 4 to join his old boss Michael Grade at ITV. C4 without the now healthily plumper Barnes seems unthinkable.
Why are you good at what you do?
Thorough, involved, I let my people do their own jobs, and I still care deeply about always doing my best.
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer