+44 (0)20 7306 8200.
124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I don't own a car.
John Fox, ex-TVS; Ron Miller, ex-LWT; Stewart Butterfield, ex-C4.
Arsenal, Soho House.
Desert island objects
Sky+, Arsenal video and a picture of those I love.
Margaret Thatcher. She did what she said she would.
The Sun, Official Arsenal Magazine, Sky Sports News, CSI, Radio Five Live, The Daily Telegraph Fantasy League.
Biggest risk taken
Selling C4's airtime not against station price.
A run by the Thames, an attended Arsenal victory, TV and then food and drink with my friends and family.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
My wonderful brother, who knows and understands me best.
Southern Television/TVS from 1979 to 1991; Channel 4 deputy sales director, 1991 to 1997; Channel 4 sales director from 1997 to the present.
Gil Grisham in CSI.
I make wonderful sandwiches.
Best job outside advertising
Barman at the local pub.
One of TV's best, and most experienced, sales people, Barnes spent much of 2007 fending off speculation he was leaving Channel 4 to join his old boss Michael Grade at ITV. C4 without the now healthily plumper Barnes seems unthinkable.
Why are you good at what you do?
Thorough, involved, I let my people do their own jobs, and I still care deeply about always doing my best.
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Executive - Hampshire Stonor £20,000 - £23,000 plus benefits, Hampshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Live Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West Midlands
- Web Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20,000 - £24,000, Derbyshire
- Performance Marketing Manager - CLIENT-SIDE - leading digital pioneer Bamboo Crowd £40,000 - £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)