Vice-chairman and digital fluffer
+44 (0)20 7345 3000
10 Cabot Square, Canary Wharf, London, , E14 4QB
Working in then running the extraordinary spawning ground that is the OgilvyOne creative department. Cannes Direct Jury Presidency 2007. IPA Presidency 2009-11. Speaking at TED 2009.
Favourite TV programme
Sky News. Anything on the Crime & Investigation Channel. And Top Gear.
The Spectator, The Week, Prospect, The Atlantic, The New Criterion, Private Eye, Stuff, T3...
www.interfauna.co.uk; www.nespresso.com; www.marginalrevolution.com.
Favourite recent marketing campaign
Dr Pepper. It's inimitable. How would a retailer produce an own-label version of this? What would they call it?
What’s your concession to the recession?
I have tried to give up on banks. Try www.zopa.com instead.
Who would play you in a movie?
When younger, I could impersonate the dive-klaxon of a WW2 German U-Boat.
I enjoy absolutely everything sedentary.
What gadget do you think should be invented?
GPS-enabled taxi-hailer. I have no idea why no-one has created this as an iPhone app.
You’ve got one last Tweet before you die. What do you Tweet?
\"@richarddawkins I wonder if you'll be wearing that twatty grin next time we meet.\"
Easily one of the most captivating men in the business, Sutherland recently shared the stage with Gordon Brown at the TEDGlobal conference, and showed the audience just why he has become the first creative to be named as president of the IPA. Just how he has time to hold down his IPA and Ogilvy roles as well updating his Twitter accounts and excellent blog is beyond us.
Usk, Monmouthshire, 12 November 1965.
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Planner Digital Planner - ATL Agency Red Sofa London £45000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Planning/Strategy Director Red Sofa London £70000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Shopper/Retail Planner/Strategist Red Sofa London £40000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Front End Developer Michael Page Digital £400 - £500 per day, London