Joint head of planning
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
(020) 7616 3374
151 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5QE
Alsager, Cheshire, 9 August 1972.
I love the BBC, in pretty much every incarnation – one of the few brands that defines why it's different and better to be British. The Economist remains unsurpassed at what it does in printed and online form.
Sorry, but I'm one of the three remaining people in advertising who neither has an iPhone, nor pretends to have one in survey questions.
Ideal next job
Three best friends in adland
Matt Edwards, MD of Engine Group and a fellow grad trainee at Saatchi & Saatchi in '94; Bridget Angear, with whom I share most minutes of every working day; and Sarah Douglas, the best account handler in the business.
Who do you owe most to for your success and why?
Bob Roscow, then vice-chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi, who taught me how to be a planner. I still spend most days thinking that my work isn't quite as good as he would have liked it to be.
Why do people like you?
I'm never sure they do.
I'm not an extravagant kind of person.
Continuing to hold on to my job.
What’s your idea of perfect happiness?
Peace and quiet and sunshine.
What do you think will be the biggest change in advertising over the next five years?
Mainstream brands will begin regularly to reach mass audiences without the use of paid-for mass media.
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Technical SEO Senior Executive Ultimate Asset £23000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Bonus, London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior SEO Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London