Axe & Bottle Court, 70 Newcomen Street, London, , SE1 1YT
1974. Hammersmith. London.
Guardian newspaper. Times iPad app. Any sport section.
Ideal next job
Three best friends in adland
Henry Rowe. Jane McNeil. Peter Chipchase.
Who do you owe most to for your success and why?
Charlie Dobres (first job). Ed Ling (mentor). Jane McNeil (drunken poaching). Gui Seiz (consistent gold).
Why do people like you?
Because I am not terribly needy.
I genuinely don't think I have one. And my wife runs a pretty tight ship.
Not being preoccupied by industry fame or legacy.
What’s your idea of perfect happiness?
Sport all day long until you're dog-tired. Followed by cold beers, grilled meat and funny mates.
What do you think will be the biggest change in advertising over the next five years?
Someone's going to work out how to make the industry culturally important again. Otherwise, we are all polar bears arguing about the quality of our particular patch of ice.
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30000 - £32000 per annum, Manchester
- Classified Sales Executive - top household magazine! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £22000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy