(020) 7830 3523
82 Baker Street, , London, , W1U 6AE
Hereford, between the last days of the Splitty and the first days of the Bay.
Launched by IPC on 14 February 1976 and banned on 16 October 1976, Action was the greatest ever comic. Currently being redeveloped, www.sevenpennynightmare.co.uk is dedicated to all things Action, including complete reprints of all the stories. God-like genius.
Ideal next job
Chelsea manager after Carlo.
Three best friends in adland
Chips, Dale and Scud.
Who do you owe most to for your success and why?
Di for hiring me; Ben for demonstrating that anything is possible if you're prepared to ignore the collateral damage; Indra, Shearer and then Nick, for teaching me how creativity works; Pinners for teaching me how the money works; Mark and Brett for showing me what an agency can be; Lord Carter for taking a chance; and, finally, Jonesy, for developing my new-found maturity and poise.
Why do people like you?
My fish pie recipe.
My watches, my glasses, and my wife's handbags.
I passed the Parachute Regiment's pre-Officer's Selection Course when I was 18 and when it was hard, and I once scored a goal direct from a corner, bending it inside the near post and beyond the flailing arms of the keeper.
What’s your idea of perfect happiness?
Bag of chips please. Open.
What do you think will be the biggest change in advertising over the next five years?
Convergence. The holding companies are all approaching this in their own way, inevitably coloured by the muscle memories of their dominant constituent parts. Whoever gets it right first – joining up the different disciplines properly and effectively – will immediately find themselves a long way ahead of the pack.
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager / Account Manager - Shoreditch, London JEFFERSON £30-35k plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Creative become £40k-£55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Campaign Viral Chart: Huggies 3D-printed ultrascan makes top spot
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7