(020) 7830 3523
82 Baker Street, , London, , W1U 6AE
Hereford, between the last days of the Splitty and the first days of the Bay.
Launched by IPC on 14 February 1976 and banned on 16 October 1976, Action was the greatest ever comic. Currently being redeveloped, www.sevenpennynightmare.co.uk is dedicated to all things Action, including complete reprints of all the stories. God-like genius.
Ideal next job
Chelsea manager after Carlo.
Three best friends in adland
Chips, Dale and Scud.
Who do you owe most to for your success and why?
Di for hiring me; Ben for demonstrating that anything is possible if you're prepared to ignore the collateral damage; Indra, Shearer and then Nick, for teaching me how creativity works; Pinners for teaching me how the money works; Mark and Brett for showing me what an agency can be; Lord Carter for taking a chance; and, finally, Jonesy, for developing my new-found maturity and poise.
Why do people like you?
My fish pie recipe.
My watches, my glasses, and my wife's handbags.
I passed the Parachute Regiment's pre-Officer's Selection Course when I was 18 and when it was hard, and I once scored a goal direct from a corner, bending it inside the near post and beyond the flailing arms of the keeper.
What’s your idea of perfect happiness?
Bag of chips please. Open.
What do you think will be the biggest change in advertising over the next five years?
Convergence. The holding companies are all approaching this in their own way, inevitably coloured by the muscle memories of their dominant constituent parts. Whoever gets it right first – joining up the different disciplines properly and effectively – will immediately find themselves a long way ahead of the pack.
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building