+44 (0)20 7908 0700.
Eardley House, 182-184 Campden Hill Road, London, NW1 1BU
12th October 1967
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I ride a bike.
Soho House and The Bung Club.
Portable DVD player.
Desert island objects
An axe, some rope and a sheet (I would hate it on a desert island).
David Miliband. He seems to have the values that I associate with proper old-fashioned, politics.
The Guardian, The Week, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 6 Music, eBay.
Biggest risk taken
Leaving a Campaign journalist alone while I plucked up the courage to ask out my current partner, Katy, at the other end of the pub.
Saturday in the park with the family.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Vincent Cassell, because he would bring sophistication to what would make a pretty boring film.
Got a job in advertising at Saatchi & Saatchi, which was a dream come true, then got asked by Maurice Saatchi to defect to his new agency in 1995, left for another start-up in 1998 at Wieden & Kennedy, worked on the 1998 World Cup brief. My second dream came true in 2000, when I started Grand Union with my partners, Matt Nicholls and Phil Forshaw. We couldn't have asked for a better founding client in Tango; we now count Boots, BSkyB, Abbey, nPower, Digital UK, Coca-Cola, Energy Saving Trust, The Army, Department of Health and LearnDirect among our clients.
I can flip 50 beer mats and catch them.
Best job outside advertising
Handling the underwear of the rich and famous as a porter in Harrods' lingerie department aged 16.
Grand Union's frontman seems to know everyone in adland, something that might explain his agency's strong reputation despite its historic lack of decent creative output. The appointment of Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam's Giles Montgomery as creative director needs to kick-start things in that department.
Most expensive purchase
Why are you good at what you do?
I never say never.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- eCommerce Manager - Iconic Retail Brand ADLIB £Competitive , Chippenham
- Senior Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, City of London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned