+44 (0)20 7005 2100.
191 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9R
1st January 1952
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I work for The Independent.
My father, and a passion to succeed.
Solus Club, Arsenal, SSC.
A reversible cryomatic linux (in black).
Desert island objects
A speedboat, Cameron Diaz, a solar-powered iPod.
Bill Clinton power, charisma, charm and luck.
The Independent, Uncut, Sky football, Radio 1, GuardianUnlimited.
Biggest risk taken
Following my heart.
I'm with people I love, the sun is shining and Arsenal stuff Chelsea.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
United Newspapers, Punch Magazine, The Observer, The Mail on Sunday, The Independent.
Best job outside advertising
Serving fry-ups in a transport cafe.
The ever-enthusiastic Barnes runs a well-regarded commercial team at The Independent. It was supplemented this year by the arrival of the former Mail on Sunday salesman Steve Atkinson as the deputy commercial director, prompting some to ask if there is sufficient room for all the senior sales people at the title.
Most expensive purchase
A huge music library.
Why are you good at what you do?
Having passion, but knowing when to walk away.
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Executive - Hampshire Stonor £20,000 - £23,000 plus benefits, Hampshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Live Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West Midlands
- Web Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20,000 - £24,000, Derbyshire
- Performance Marketing Manager - CLIENT-SIDE - leading digital pioneer Bamboo Crowd £40,000 - £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)