+44 (0)20 7005 2100.
191 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9R
1st January 1952
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I work for The Independent.
My father, and a passion to succeed.
Solus Club, Arsenal, SSC.
A reversible cryomatic linux (in black).
Desert island objects
A speedboat, Cameron Diaz, a solar-powered iPod.
Bill Clinton power, charisma, charm and luck.
The Independent, Uncut, Sky football, Radio 1, GuardianUnlimited.
Biggest risk taken
Following my heart.
I'm with people I love, the sun is shining and Arsenal stuff Chelsea.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
United Newspapers, Punch Magazine, The Observer, The Mail on Sunday, The Independent.
Best job outside advertising
Serving fry-ups in a transport cafe.
The ever-enthusiastic Barnes runs a well-regarded commercial team at The Independent. It was supplemented this year by the arrival of the former Mail on Sunday salesman Steve Atkinson as the deputy commercial director, prompting some to ask if there is sufficient room for all the senior sales people at the title.
Most expensive purchase
A huge music library.
Why are you good at what you do?
Having passion, but knowing when to walk away.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London, Central
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media