+44 (0)20 7005 2100.
191 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9R
1st January 1952
Fantasy business partner
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I work for The Independent.
My father, and a passion to succeed.
Solus Club, Arsenal, SSC.
A reversible cryomatic linux (in black).
Desert island objects
A speedboat, Cameron Diaz, a solar-powered iPod.
Bill Clinton power, charisma, charm and luck.
The Independent, Uncut, Sky football, Radio 1, GuardianUnlimited.
Biggest risk taken
Following my heart.
I'm with people I love, the sun is shining and Arsenal stuff Chelsea.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
United Newspapers, Punch Magazine, The Observer, The Mail on Sunday, The Independent.
Best job outside advertising
Serving fry-ups in a transport cafe.
The ever-enthusiastic Barnes runs a well-regarded commercial team at The Independent. It was supplemented this year by the arrival of the former Mail on Sunday salesman Steve Atkinson as the deputy commercial director, prompting some to ask if there is sufficient room for all the senior sales people at the title.
Most expensive purchase
A huge music library.
Why are you good at what you do?
Having passion, but knowing when to walk away.
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers