Director of digital strategy and development
Guardian Media Group
+44 (0)20 7713 4353.
119 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3ER
Fantasy business partner
Bob the Builder.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
I try not to have a big one in the first place.
A combination of Thomas Paine and George Orwell.
My Brompton bike.
Desert island objects
A kite, a Nikon D2, and a MacBook Pro with Pro Tools and Photoshop on.
Neil Kinnock. All of the pain and none of the glory.
The Guardian, Grazia, Andrew Marr's History of Modern Britain, Radio 4, GuardianUnlimited.
Biggest risk taken
Going digital early.
A giggle-filled day of family, beach and barbeque.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
Being involved with the launch and evolution of GuardianUnlimited.
Being able to turn simple DIY tasks into house-threatening disasters.
Best job outside advertising
Freelance TV previewer for the Daily Mail (getting paid for watching the telly!).
It's been another busy year for Waldman, now one of the veterans of digital publishing, which saw him attempt to fight off claims from Telegraph Media that it had overtaken The Guardian in terms of online popularity. As the chairman of the Association of Online Publishers, he's been leading the publishing industry's reaction to Google's newly launched news service.
Most expensive purchase
A sit-on mower.
Why are you good at what you do?
I make sure I know what I'm talking about.
- Digital Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Boutique Digital Agency Fill Recruitment to £35k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PRESENTATION DESIGNER Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne