Bartle Bogle Hegarty New York
+1 212 812 6575.
32 Avenue of the Americas, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10013
1st January 1951
Fantasy business partner
I can't imagine improving on my partners in BBH.
How do you off-set your carbon footprint?
Ultimately, volunteer work for Scenic Hudson will probably have a greater impact than any other activity. In practical terms, I take advantage of New York's great mass transit system and drive very little now.
Rugby taught me the power of teamwork, focus and fast adaptation to changing circumstances.
The Yale Club NYC.
Desert island objects
An mp3 player loaded with country music and The Grateful Dead, a map of the constellations and a book of Yeats' poetry.
John F Kennedy, hands down. He asked us to aspire, to follow our best instincts and apply moral principles to social issues.
The Economist, Scientific American, Boston Legal, XM Satellite Radio, wikipedia.
Biggest risk taken
In conventional terms, starting an agency is a big risk. But the more profound risks are in the relationships that are most important to us as partners and parents. Parenthood, in particular, is a daily walk on a pretty challenging tightrope.
Usually Tuesday. Fridays are often a lot of fun as well.
Who should play you in the film of your life?
I would be flattered if Samuel L Jackson took the role.
Ogilvy New York, 1980 to 1992; Co-founder and chief executive, Merkley Newman Harty, 1992 to 2001; Plus Consulting Group, 2003 to 2004, BBH, 2005 to present day; White House Fellow (FBI), 1983-84.
Best job outside advertising
I was a cowboy on a yearling steer ranch in the Colorado mountains. Three hundred head of cattle, 1,800 acres, a couple of horses and a lot of fence to mend.
The self-confessed country music nut had exactly the right sort of pedigree to steer BBH's course in New York, and following its early jitters, he has now managed to get the company on a smoothly successful streak.
Most expensive purchase
I had to buy a new suit a year ago.
Why are you good at what you do?
I work in a team of very talented people.
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head Of Digital Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Marketing Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Dublin
- International Brand Marketing Manager - Sport Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas